Wednesday, June 9, 2010

HAPPY 90th DAD

Today we would be celebrating my dad's 90th birthday. I guess you could say that we did celebrate last Saturday at our family reunion. Dad loved family reunions more than just about anything. Although he was not there in body, he was there in spirit. He is never far from us. He likes to come and check in on each one of his kids and see how they are doing. Sometimes I can feel him so close that I wish I could reach out and give him a hug. Nonetheless, I have to settle for a spirit to spirit hug. The picture below is of dad at a family reunion up at Gooseberry, one of our favorite camping spots with dad. Dad was a watcher and a thinker. I wonder what his thoughts are in this picture?


This is one of my favorite pictures of my dad standing outside the Bountiful temple when Kendra got married. The reason I like this picture is because it reminds me how important families are and that the temple signifies eternal families. Thanks dad for having us sealed to you. I look forward to the day when I can be with you again. Until then, God be with you 'til we meet again.

3 comments:

BOGObloggers said...

Thanks, little sister -- that was an excellent birthday tribute to dad. Love the photos!

dirt_roads said...

Good job Sis, always fun to look through the bloggs and see who has been busy posting new stuff.

Jenni S said...

Beautiful pictures. What a sweet grandpa he was. I sure miss him.