STAR QUILT
When Kendall and I began remodeling our home we are currently in, I decided that I wanted to make a star quilt. The reason I wanted to make a star quilt is because my Great Aunt Millie, who lived across the street from me, always made them. I loved going to her house with my mom. They would quilt and visit and I would sit underneath the quilt and play. Sometimes they would let me thread the needles for them. When I began this quilt 8 months ago I was hoping to be done by the end of summer, 2008. I finished it January 31, 2009 just before midnight. I really enjoyed cutting out the pieces and sewing them together, all the while thinking fondly of my Aunt Millie and her influence in my life.

The curtains, as you can see, also match my quilt. I had those done a while before the quilt was finished.

This is the best birdseye view I could get of the star.
3 comments:
Beautiful quilt mother!!! You are sooo talented!
It turned out great! It looks beautiful on your bed!
Okay that is the quilt i want when i get married!!!! I LOVE that pattern Aunt Ellie! You are so talented, it really is a gift :-) Love you!
Post a Comment