Thursday, September 18, 2008

An Old Dog Learning New Tricks...

Our kids have been encouraging us to jump into the 21st century and get a blog. I just hope I get so comfortable updating it that I can remember what to do. I have really enjoyed seeing my kids blogs and I think it will be a fun way to keep up with what everyone is doing.


ALASKA FISHING TRIP

Kendall and I took a trip to Alaska this summer to be working guests at Doc Warner's fishing excursions. We got to learn how to pack all the fish caught each day and then we got to fish for Salmon and Halibut part of the day. This is just one days catch from the 2 weeks that we were there. It was a great learning experience.
This is Kendall just after he caught a halibut...
This was the first time that I got a taste of what it feels like to catch a halibut. Unfortunately it was a chicken (very small).

Just in case you were wondering if I am squeamish, when I watched them gut the fish I decided to let you know that I learned how to fillet a halibut all by myself.


The reason for going to Alaska was to be with our son Jake. he drove a chase boat and checked on all of the guest fisherman to make sure they had bait and were catching fish. Kendall and I each got to spend a day with him on the boat to see what his job entailed. He was a very busy guy. We had a blast and I learned that if you live in Alaska you should invest in rain gear. You need it if you live really close to water.

No comments: